Day 1 of the most inconveniently timed weight loss project ever.
Hey guys!
So I'm just going to introduce myself first to skip the awkward 'introductory period' phase of this twisted online relationship:
I am Rachel, I was fit and athletic up until the age of 14 when I stopped training as a gymnast. Cold turkey stopped. Which apparently isn't too good for you... Wish I had been told that at the time (aha, I had been told, but who listens to their Mothers at that age?!)
So within the year of my 14th to 15th birthdays, I went from a little strong twig to a chubby girl. I changed schools, moved overseas, gained 20 kilograms (44 pounds according to google), smashed through puberty like there was no tomorrow, and went in a general down hill direction weight wise. Now don't get me wrong. I am not obese but when you go from seeing your abs to literally only seeing flab - it can be a bit disheartening and a serious blow to my self confidence. 10 years later and with no regular exercise I sit at an uncomfortable 90 something kilograms (198 pounds). So here I am, trying to change it all. I found a couple of blogs and YouTube thingies that help a little but now it is time to knuckle down and get 'stuck in' so to speak.
Why, you may ask is this the most inconveniently timed start to my weight loss project? Well that is easy to answer: CHOCOLATE! that's right folks, Chocolate is my downfall today! A colleague bought me a whole block of 'Cad bury' Black forest!!! A whole block! so of course I had some - only 2 lines(so far) and I have to say I am showing incredible self control not eating more so I am giving myself pats on the back for every hour I abstain. My boyfriend is super supportive and we have decided to go the whole 'meat and veg' dinners.
Last night was the start so it was grilled chicken with Cauliflower and carrots (with a tiny bit of gravy). So today for lunch was... You guessed it! CHICKEN AND VEG! Yup, left overs for lunch.
Today's food goes:
-Smoothie for breakfast - milk, banana and yogurt blended
-2 lines of black forest chocolate
-chicken and veg for lunch
-a super yummy smoothie my bestie made me consisting of frozen mangoes and water blended
-Dinner: Sirloin steak with asparagus and mushroom sauce.
-The rest of the Chocolate bar :(
As you can see, the chocolate bar did not even make it to the end of the post! it was a long day and after dinner my boyfriend and I needed a little pick me up... so the chocolate bar died in a horrific and really fast manner... om nom nom!
I have the most amazing water bottle that I use to subsidize my fizzy and juice habit. It is a tea infuser bottle that I have been using for 2 weeks now. I'm not counting the first week because we have had quite a few take outs recently and with take out you get fizzy so, yeah, anyway - this tea infuser is always with me - it has in it right now peppermint tea. Nothing extra, just organic dried peppermint leaves. It has been amazing is curbing my outrageous appetite. Not sure if this actually a thing but I am going with it - nobody tell me different!
I spend most of my day sitting at a desk and my fit-bit tries to get me moving every hour or so but there is only so much a little watch can do. Do not misunderstand though, it has been great with keeping me accountable of my steps and so forth and I have been getting better!
In putting it into words, I am a surprisingly busy person. I have a full time job and part time study every other weekend. I have to do a minimum of 5 hours of home practicum for my studies as well as house sit 3 cats, plus a boyfriend that I need to pat and feed ;) and a mini social life. Fitting in exercise and healthy eating will be a challenge but this is something I have attempted before and not followed through with. Maybe with an audience, albeit an imaginary one, it will keep me on the straight and narrow.
The General days entry will consist of my weight, exercise and daily food intake. I may chuck in a few tidbits here and there for the giggles and see where I go...
So nice to meet you and if you have any tips or notes chuck me a comment and I will reply!
Thanks!
Hungry Hippopotamus out!

So I'm just going to introduce myself first to skip the awkward 'introductory period' phase of this twisted online relationship:
I am Rachel, I was fit and athletic up until the age of 14 when I stopped training as a gymnast. Cold turkey stopped. Which apparently isn't too good for you... Wish I had been told that at the time (aha, I had been told, but who listens to their Mothers at that age?!)
So within the year of my 14th to 15th birthdays, I went from a little strong twig to a chubby girl. I changed schools, moved overseas, gained 20 kilograms (44 pounds according to google), smashed through puberty like there was no tomorrow, and went in a general down hill direction weight wise. Now don't get me wrong. I am not obese but when you go from seeing your abs to literally only seeing flab - it can be a bit disheartening and a serious blow to my self confidence. 10 years later and with no regular exercise I sit at an uncomfortable 90 something kilograms (198 pounds). So here I am, trying to change it all. I found a couple of blogs and YouTube thingies that help a little but now it is time to knuckle down and get 'stuck in' so to speak.
Why, you may ask is this the most inconveniently timed start to my weight loss project? Well that is easy to answer: CHOCOLATE! that's right folks, Chocolate is my downfall today! A colleague bought me a whole block of 'Cad bury' Black forest!!! A whole block! so of course I had some - only 2 lines(so far) and I have to say I am showing incredible self control not eating more so I am giving myself pats on the back for every hour I abstain. My boyfriend is super supportive and we have decided to go the whole 'meat and veg' dinners.
Last night was the start so it was grilled chicken with Cauliflower and carrots (with a tiny bit of gravy). So today for lunch was... You guessed it! CHICKEN AND VEG! Yup, left overs for lunch.
Today's food goes:
-Smoothie for breakfast - milk, banana and yogurt blended
-2 lines of black forest chocolate
-chicken and veg for lunch
-a super yummy smoothie my bestie made me consisting of frozen mangoes and water blended
-Dinner: Sirloin steak with asparagus and mushroom sauce.
-The rest of the Chocolate bar :(
As you can see, the chocolate bar did not even make it to the end of the post! it was a long day and after dinner my boyfriend and I needed a little pick me up... so the chocolate bar died in a horrific and really fast manner... om nom nom!
I have the most amazing water bottle that I use to subsidize my fizzy and juice habit. It is a tea infuser bottle that I have been using for 2 weeks now. I'm not counting the first week because we have had quite a few take outs recently and with take out you get fizzy so, yeah, anyway - this tea infuser is always with me - it has in it right now peppermint tea. Nothing extra, just organic dried peppermint leaves. It has been amazing is curbing my outrageous appetite. Not sure if this actually a thing but I am going with it - nobody tell me different!
I spend most of my day sitting at a desk and my fit-bit tries to get me moving every hour or so but there is only so much a little watch can do. Do not misunderstand though, it has been great with keeping me accountable of my steps and so forth and I have been getting better!
In putting it into words, I am a surprisingly busy person. I have a full time job and part time study every other weekend. I have to do a minimum of 5 hours of home practicum for my studies as well as house sit 3 cats, plus a boyfriend that I need to pat and feed ;) and a mini social life. Fitting in exercise and healthy eating will be a challenge but this is something I have attempted before and not followed through with. Maybe with an audience, albeit an imaginary one, it will keep me on the straight and narrow.
The General days entry will consist of my weight, exercise and daily food intake. I may chuck in a few tidbits here and there for the giggles and see where I go...
So nice to meet you and if you have any tips or notes chuck me a comment and I will reply!
Thanks!
Hungry Hippopotamus out!
Comments
Post a Comment